Best Movie Couple


All this talk about blogging made me thing of my first post.  
There are times when I need my 'Nick and Nora' fix and this happens to be one of them. The Thin Man series with Myrna Loy and William Powell is a delight if you haven't already discovered them. As a TV couple they were perfection, never missing a beat, always at the ready with a quick comeback and they looked like they thoroughly enjoyed it all the way. My father introduced me to the show. It brings back fond memories. A 'Nick and Nora' theme for a cocktail party would be a lot of fun. Watch the show and you will see what I mean. Now if I could just find the perfect 'Asta'.....

A few classic moments.
The other favourites that my Dad and I liked to watch...

Spencer Tracey and Katharine Hepburn


Maureen O'Hara and John Wayne
Who are your favourite movie couples?
For Julie @ Being Ruby
Cary Grant and Irene Dunne

photos via google images

Comments

  1. I adore Myrna Loy and William Powell. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could watch William Powell for hours. And Myrna Loy and Katherine Hepburn with any of their leading men, too. Happy Valentine's Day! tIO x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jeanne,
    What a lovely blogging friend you are, passing on this Sunshine Award. I don't know if I'm worthy but, I will do my best to abide by the rules (it could take me a while to fully understand them !!) and to comment and pass it on.
    Thanks once again for thinking of me and thinking me worthy. With much love.
    Oh and sorry I'm a bit late to thank you. Have been out for most of the weekend. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanne
    Myrna Loy is one of my favourites.. and so funny.. a dry funny... she and Cary Grant in Mr Blandings Builds His Dream Home.. amongst other.. I never saw this series though.. I wonder if they have it on DVD?

    You have also picked another fabulous couple Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracey... a dynamic duo.. I think I could also add Irenne Dunne and Cary Grant.. some of my favourite movies are with those two and their antics..

    Have a great week xx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really were the best! Thank you so much for the sweet award.
    Best,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOOOOOOOVE Cary Grant!!!! *sigh*
    love this post ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts