Be My Valentine

Once upon a time a little girl would diligently write all her friends 
names on her Valentine card envelopes the night before the big day. 
The agonizing decision was to sign the card with her own name
 or leave a mystery message. 
Neatly packaged she would then tuck them in her school bag 
and wait for the moment of the day when she could place them in her friends
 personally made Valentine Box which sat neatly on their school desk.
There were giggles and fleeting glances as girls and boys 
tried to guess who might place them in their box. 
Once the mission was completed, children tucked the boxes under their arms
 and made their way home to secretly open these little red and white gems. 
If you were lucky, one may not be signed which would then send you 
and your friends into squeals of delight while you tried to 
determine who the lucky fellow might be. 

Such lovely memories...











Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day!

Jeanne

Images via Google

Comments

  1. Hi Jeanne,
    Many thanks for not cutting me out of your blog re my LV comments !!!! haha.
    What lovely memories you have of Valentines Day as a young girl.
    We never celebrated it much at school and the school definitely didn't encourage it. The cards are so sweet.
    Have a wonderful, loving weekend, Jeanne. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour Jeanne,
    WOnderful post - brings back so many memories when I was in school, all that agonizing!! All those little Valentines are great.
    Happy Valentine's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's me again !!
    I meant to thank you so much for commenting on my post for Renee's birthday. Often, people don't comment on posts like that and I just wanted to thank you for your support. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's literally sweet! Your story is wonderful and this post brings back youthful memories as well as puts a smile on my face. Happy Valentine's to You!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute vintage valentine cards .... hope you have a happy one and so glad that you have some lovely Real Flower Company candles too- how gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely that you have these sweet memories of Valentine's Day. I love these old cards - I would have been thrilled to receive one! Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post with memories, pictures and lots of love.

    A lovely Valentine's to you and your loved ones.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely memories Jeanne & a glimpse of the authenticity of the day in times gone by - unlike today as witnessed in quite a few of the shops I visited yesterday - a nasty cornucopia of 'stuff' designed only to increase the profit margins of the companies in China who produced them...(Oh dear, that sounds churlish, don't mean to be cynical!!) Hope you are having a wonderful day & enjoying your lovely new candles! Susie x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Can I just say....that I so enjoy what YOU have to say. If you would like to write to me directly, I would love to hear from you... jeannecollageoflife@gmail.com

Popular Posts